Tuesday, January 03, 2006

School Stars

Y'all know, today could have been an awesome day. Three point five, maybe four stars? See, since around October last year I made up a sort of rating system for days. It's not a thing that I use all the time, but only on really great days, to see just how great they really were.

I add half a star for every good thing that happened, and sometimes a whole star if it was really special. I think the night I invented the system I got like four point five or something, a score I haven't been able to top yet. I haven't even decided on a maximum score, or if there should even be one, but five stars is likely to be the most perfect kind of day I could ever experience.

So today I joined 4C. It's got a kick-ass classroom. There's a stage and a piano and disco lights and everything. It's pretty much the best classroom the school has to offer. The only problem would be the paper thin walls - not even real walls anyway. I should explain. How do I put this nicely...? My school is run by cheap, cost-cutting bastards.

It's true. There's no real hall for performances and such, just about five of the six Form Four classes in row, with foldable walls. A partition, if you will. These partitions do not close properly. So anyone sitting near the gaps in the walls can watch their neighbouring class at work. I guess this could also be perceived as a plus, I think it's pretty cool, but it gets annoying when your physics teacher speaks in whispers and next door 4K seems to be having a rave of sorts.

Today was a bit messed up, as I had hoped, cause everyone was getting sorted out and the teachers were having a field day chewing us out.

Continue tomorrow, I gotta go.

No comments: