Saturday, January 07, 2006

Orange County

I know I said I would get around to writing that first week report, but this'll only take a second. Unfortunately, watching seven and twenty episodes of The OC will not. That's right, I now have possession of the entire first season, but only for the weekend. I wasn't sure I would be up to it. I wasn't even sure if The OC was going to be something I liked.


Eight episodes later, I'm not sure I could handle not finishing the season before I return the bag on Monday. The OC has everything I ever wanted in a series, and though after watching half an episode of One Tree Hill I thought that all American soaps and dramedies in general would be similarly drab, I really found myself drawn into the world of the Newport Beach community. Dramedy. It's a word. Look it up.

Anyway, now my two favorite shows ever are based in Orange County California. What does that mean? Probably that I will have to visit Newport Beach and Balboa Island some day. The other series? If you even have to ask... it's Arrested Development. Cue ukulele. I have to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Take it from someone who knows, when you say "I'll update" or "I'll continue later", most of the times, you'll end up with something just as interesting if not better to blog about and you'll end up not updating the previous entry.

Trust me. Been there, done that.

And I know how desperate one can get for a comment, or at least a trace that someone's been reading.

You don't seem to need to worry, though.

And I could hate you. The WHOLE OC season?!!!!??!!?!? AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!! And I lurve One Tree Hill too, okay. How can you not like OTH? It's just as good, if not better, than OC. Ah well. Everyone to his/her own opinion.

And you spelt it wrong. It's dramedy. =P.

Jun Ian said...

Oops. Fixed.

You know what? I think you're right. I'm trying to remember what happened last week, or even what homework I have, but all I can think of is Seth Cohen, ladies man.