Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bring It On

Keith Urban - I Wanna Be Your Everything

So I tried juggling, I tried the piano, I threw cards at my desk for about an hour, I went for tennis, played twenty minutes of air guitar, cheated at solitaire, I even did my homework, nothing works... which means it can only be loooove.

I wanna be the wind that fills your sails and
be the hand that lifts your veil
be the moon that moves your tide
the sun comin up in your eyes
be the wheel that never rusts
be the spark that lights you up
all that you've been dreaming of and more
so much more
I wanna be your everything

Stuff keeps happening, but for some reason I'm no longer as happy as I used to be over every little thing we did together. Is that because I'm getting over simple infatuation, or because something's not right and I know it? Oh, these questions without answers. The Magic Eight Ball no longer tells me what I want to hear. Fact, from starting out as extremely positive, it now deals in nothing but downers like My Sources Say No, Not In This Lifetime and Jump Off A Bridge. I kinda realised some time back I only listen to the advice it gives when it gives the advice that I wanted to hear. This should probably teach me a lesson or two about human nature, but all I can think about right now is how a Magic Hate Ball would be a runaway hit for the emo kids of today. Probably knock up the national suicide rate quite a bit too.

"Magic Hate Ball, is death really the answer?" Shut Up And Die Already

Yes, I know that's from Penny Arcade. It's just so clever.

Frankie Vallie - Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

So anyway, school is sort of stress un-stress. On one hand, I'm never short of work to do. But on the other hand, I created most of that work for myself through procrastination and my perfectionist drive. The eight days since school opened have been pretty eventful. But like I said before, I hardly notice anymore. Which is a shame, cause that way I forfeit lots of useful blogging material.

I love you baby
and if it's quite all right
I need you baby
to warm the lonely nights
I love you baby
trust in me when I say
Oh pretty baby
don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
now that I've found you stay
And let me love you baby
let me love you

I never used to know the words to this song, and whenever I sang it with anyone we would all cut off at the same point and break into laughter. Hey, check this thing out.

Demon Bound - shakugan no shana roxxors says:

Did you know that Freud said that a boy that fell off a horse and broke his legs was afraid of horses because of penis envy?

creative visualization - http://pandamomium.blogspot.com/ says:
shouldnt he be afraid because he broke his legs?

creative visualization - http://pandamomium.blogspot.com/ says:
unless the horse slammed his wang against said legs to fracture them

Demon Bound - shakugan no shana roxxors says:
actually

Demon Bound - shakugan no shana roxxors says:
he said that he was intimidated by the wang size

Demon Bound - shakugan no shana roxxors says:
of the horse

creative visualization - http://pandamomium.blogspot.com/ says:
what does breaking his legs have to do with the story then?

Demon Bound - shakugan no shana roxxors says:
its just to show Freud is crazy

And this from supposedly one of the greatest psychological minds in history.

Fall Out Boy - Grand Theft Autumn

So, whatever else is going down, I can remember at least that I recently joined the Interact Club... and English Literature class. Including games on Tuesday, this means I'll be in school until about five three days a week. A week of five.

Where is your boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman
and maybe he won't find out what I know
you were the last good thing
about this part of town

So I don't have actual stories for you, instead you get cheap-ass quotes. This probably won't mean much to anyone but me, but the backstory on these is hilarious.

"So... why is it that whenever I see you and her together, she's giving you money?" - Eliot

"I can't wait to hear her pronounce cytoplasm." - Kevin

"Fake noobs against fake noobs... what a classic." – GunBound

There were more, but my memory's been on the fritz lately. When I remember. Now for some dialogue.

YowHwui: Hey, those plant cells look like a well developed pair of chest muscles.
Kevin: I dare you to go up there, rip off your shirt and say, "Yo Madam! Check out these plant cells!"


Oasis - Bittersweet Symphony

To finish, here is a description of a vivid man-versus-bear hand to paw fight. It was in one of my testimonials, from a man we will now call Nicholas See, bearsbane.

water sports??
i HAVE wrestled a bear before ok??
it was a sun bear, it was young, it was as tall as me, and it was a girl... and it had long nails that was scratching my back like crazy!!!
and i fed it honey after i won!!!
yeah man!!! I WRESTLED A BEAR AND WON!!!
i had it in a stronghold around the neck and i brought the beast down onto the ground!!
YEAH MAN!!!!
no seriously.... i did...

I don't know what to believe. Is it possible to get mauled by a bear and still have the strength to take it down? And where in the world do they allow fifteen year olds to wrestle bears?

Cause it's a bittersweet symphony that's life
try to make ends meet
you're a slave to the money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
you know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet, yeah
no change, I can change, I can change, I can change,
but I'm here in my mould , I am here in my mould
but I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mould, no no, no no no

Touch rain, people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, that was 3 minutes of entertainment.

Anonymous said...

that was insightful.

the msn conversation, i mean =P

oh, and hey, if you want another of those songs, listen to 'the blower's daughter' by damien rice. it's really good.

Peak Sheng said...

god news for you is this, i may not have every oasis song out there. always new bittersweet symphony existed, just never got round finding out which bootleg it came out from.