Sunday, February 12, 2006

21/01/2006, Part IV

And so it ends. These four pages could be considered my equivalent of Mark's pilot series, seing as how no one understands my plot and the inking at times gets really, really bad. This is not a slight on Mark's work, which I strongly encourage you all to go and see. But in the pilot none of his plotlines connect either, so I will consider these pieces exercises in artistic expression. But as soon as I get my schoolwork down to an acceptable minimum I will start blowing Eliot and Mark out of the water.

Wishworld, I have decided will be a written story with some illustrations or panels thrown in for good measure. The series will start sometime this week. I'm still taking submissions. I repeat, I don't have enough girl characters. If no one responds to this I will start allowing the guys to submit female avatars, as per request. I'm not that desperate yet, but I'm getting there.

I'm not sure how much work I will be able to complete on Wishworld this week, but it is entirely possible - even likely -that some of you may not appear as characters in the first chapter. This is as so to avoid introducing too many main characters at once. Also, you may have to face the possibility that some of you may die.

Still, this should not stop you from asking more people to join the crew. More characters would be great. This is gonna be a big project for me so I am hyped, and all feedback or suggestions regarding Wishworld are totally appreciated.

On Dexter's Party

It was pretty awesome. One of my favorite, I'm thinking. Possibly the only party I didn't enjoy was when the mob tied me to a lawn chair bondage-style and took a picture. An account of the proceedings can be found at Peak Sheng's blog. It's too late for me to recount it myself, so here are some choice quotes and a series of unfortunate events (but only if you're Azfar).

"At least I wasn't put on probation over my relationship with another guy!" - Azfar

"I have friends who can empty your pockets and toss you into the pool in five seconds flat. I've never been thrown into a pool so fast!" - Darryl, trying to convince us to pitch Dexter

"You've got to see what Jun Ian's doing! No, you can only get the full effect from this side - " - Azfar, like two seconds before Dexter went in

"What party is complete without getting thrown into the pool by your older brother?" - Darryl, moments after pitching Dexter the second time

Dexter: The puppy? I don't know why you think it's cute. Right now it's in its uncute stage. It was cuter before.
Pia: If this is the uncute stage, in cute stage it must be like the King of Cute.

"Everyone needs at least one totem Malay friend." - Eliot

Jun Ian: Ben Kane keep away from the mashed potatoes. It might cut you! I mean, a glue stick!
Ben Kane: That glue stick was sharp! None of you would even know about that if Evans hadn't decided to shout it out to the whole class!
Jun Ian: I bet it was round. Does she still have it?
Eugene: Can you cut yourself on ice?
Ben Kane: Ice is hard! It's got sharp edges!
Jun Ian: Yeah, I can see the headlines. "Boy Caught In Rain Loses Five Pints In Ten Seconds".

"You team-killing cockbite!" - Jun Ian

"You're both team-killing cockbites." - Darryl, because there were only like two players on the map and they were both German

"Can you stay there? I wanna get a good angle." - Jason, about two seconds before walking onto a grenade

"Wow, a package shaped like something I've seen before! I wonder what it is!" - Dexter, being sarcastic (shows what he knows)

"Rule number one, if the police come, you all scatter - run in different directions. It's every man for himself. And if you get caught, don't be an asshole and rat out your friends. Remember, if they ask, you have no connections to me or this house." - Darryl, handing out moon travellers and cherry bombs

"Yeah we're going up to your room and we'll be all OH-MY-GOD-KAH-YUN WHAT-ARE-YOU-DOING-WITH-THOSE-MAGIC-CARDS AND WHERE-ARE-YOUR-CLOTHES?" - Jun Ian

"Oh yeah baby, turn it up to high!" - Jun Ian (what do you think?)

"Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleasestopstopstop!!!!" - Azfar, forced by his religion into running away from the cutest puppy ever

"Oh looks... its the pizza that tastes like cum." - Eliot, on pizza

Ben Kane: Then there was that stupid skateboard thing! I was using the skateboard in Edward's house and then Serene was standing right in front of me! She didn't move at all! I had to throw myself to the floor to stop banging into her!
Eliot: And we sometimes wonder if Ben Kane is secretly a masochist. Which genius put you in charge of wireworks last year?
Ben Kane: She was standing right there!
Jun Ian: Your choices, I remember were a) full body contact with Serene or B) full body contact with the floor. Am I the only one who fails to see your problem here?

And the evening ended on a high note when on Friendster, we found this.

Li Wen, Li Wen. When will you learn to stop trying to be someone you're not?

Posting your email and handphone number online for all the world's sweaty-palmed perverts to see? For shame.

Li Wen, keep yourself and your crossdressing ways away from my family.

Friendster's Most Wanted.
Lonely, desperate men beware!

On Wednesday, join us for a very special Skull Pandamonium!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

confusion hurts. And i know you know what the confusion is. The art is quite good but the plot is unknown to those who doesn't know the events

Sporadic Mindset said...

dusturbing, disturbing, disturing 0.o, but then again after reading it it makes me wish I was still back in KL

Anonymous said...

"Yeah we're going up to your room and we'll be all OH-MY-GOD-KAH-YUN WHAT-ARE-YOU-DOING-WITH-THOSE-MAGIC-CARDS AND WHERE-ARE-YOUR-CLOTHES?" - Jun Ian

the "where-are-your-clothes" part DOES NOT EXIST!!!

Anonymous said...

dude da handwritings 2 small 2 read

Jun Ian said...

seriously? I dont care about this arc anymore
wishworld is the future. I notice you havent signed up for wishworld

Jun Ian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jun Ian said...

kah yun - the situation never existed... but the quote is very real

-joseen- said...

It's interesting why they put up their phone numbers and ask people not to kacau them.

Peak Sheng said...

that is NOT, i repeat, NOT lenny the wang's friendster.

but it would be an amusing prospect. :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Good luck for Wishworld. Sounds so much better than Wishland, by the way. Haha.

I guess I'll be checking this everyday from now on. =P.