Friday, March 03, 2006

He Smells Axels In The Wind

So I said I wouldn't be doing any Wishworld this week. Yeah, but that won't stop be from assimilating a character databank of sorts. So... something to look forward to.

Important Wishworld note: Our roster currently includes 17 characters; 13 boys and 4 girls. I want 3 more wishmakers before I make the character sheet... after that I plan to close registration for awhile. Considering the current gender ratio the last three spot would... desirably... be filled by members of the fairer sex. Lisha, this means you. Edward's made a wish to be able to teleport to your side no matter what, how can we pull that off without you in the story?

Moving on... your character concepts. The first three members of the good guy team. Can you tell who they are?


I love lists for some reason. I think my secret mutant power is sorting things.

Evil Empire (of Evil)

  • Dexter
  • Michael
  • Dassila

Alliance of Wishmakers Whose Powers Consist Mainly of Avoiding Trouble or Running Away From It (A.F.R.A.I.D.)
  • Eliot
  • Jason
  • Pia
Ninja Mafia (started by a man who quit to become a sky pirate)
  • Aaron
  • Azfar
  • Edward
  • Sabrina

Freedom Band of Politicising

  • Sparkles
  • Mark
Sky Pirates
  • Jack Sparrow
  • Wai Khuin
  • Clarissa
Traditionalists (the ones who wish to see the world we knew restored)
  • S.H.I.E.LD.
  • The Ultimates
  • Zhen
  • Eugene

Very Important Note about factions: You can switch sides if you want. Just drop me a line. If you're unsure, trust me. This has been done to each of your preferences anyway. This is stuff I need from each of you.
  • Evil Empire - The high seat of your capital is the Asmodeus. Michael, name the jet.
  • A.F.R.A.I.D. - Your spaceship is the Hot Dog. Your bestselling manga is Tenken. Find a better name for yourselves.
  • Ninja Mafia - Just give me some ideas on what you guys would like to see yourselves doing. Choose a district to operate in and name your headquarters.
  • Freedom Band - Sparkles you get to name the band, and two of your songs. Mark, name another three songs and write a couple of sample verses. This is one of the ways you get to change the world (the other way is so much cooler but that's central to the overall plot).
  • Sky Pirates - Your captain is Jack Sparrow. Name your airship and your secret base.
  • Traditionalists - Your ranks are boosted by Earth's many superheroes and celebrities. Tell me which agencies you would like to be affiliated with, and your codenames in those agencies.
  • Everyone - If you want Real Life (TM) celebrities in your faction (like Jack Sparrow) just tell me who you want and what they'd be doing.
Okay, now for actual blogging.

Did you hear? Batman's taking on Osama bin Laden and the rest of Al-Qaeda. This new two hundred page opus (called "Holy Terror, Batman!") is going to be inked by none other than the master of black and white, Sin City's Frank Miller himself (Mark, wet your pants with excitement now).

The ink of the scholar ir worth more than the blood of the martyr. Do you know who said that? The Prophet Muhammad himself. I love that line. I don't agree with it, but I love it all the same. Click for link to cool Islam site, where cool things are said about the cartoons and the fragility of Islam.

Life's been fun. There was stuff I wanted to write about, dialogue and quotes and stuff. I think I forgot them. Never mind that, I have photographs.

Buzz Lightyear tape. Ah, good times.

This is my favorite toy from a kid's meal. It is from Burger King. It is a rebel snowspeeder from Star Wars and it can fly. Actually all it has is a spring and wheels but if I flick my wrist while launching it in mid air it flies pretty far.

On Burger King...

Eliot: Yeah, I never knew McD had free refills. It was always more of a BK thing.
Li Wen: Just feels different. And McD cups are so small.
Eliot: In BK they don't fill the cups to the tops.
Li Wen: That's cause BK cups are huge.
Eliot: BK cups make small children cry.
Jun Ian: Oh, you'd be all "Why is this cup so big? I ordered a small."
Eliot: And they'd say, "Sir, that IS our smallest size."
Jun Ian: "What does big look like?"
Li Wen: "Wait, give us time to prepare the special equipment."
Jun Ian: No, that's not all there is. "There's big, there's collossal and there's intergalactic. And there's a little something we like to call the Alpha Omega."
Eliot: Hah! "My God! Why isn't it on the menu?"
Jun Ian: "Federal law requires that we serve it by special request only. If you finish it we immortalize you forever on the back wall." And on the back wall there's like two photographs...

Eliot: Two guys, like, Miss Cellulite Universe winners.
Jun Ian: Nah, there's a fat guy and a skinny guy.
Li Wen: The skinny one has no bladder control.

I still have this thing. Remember how it promised you DotA players Warcraft III posters and CDs and T-shirts if you won?

Mein freunds, eat your hearts out.

I will be going back to normal posts for awhile on account of exams. During the holidays stuff will happen. Maybe because I realised that I lack the time and skill to keep up Wishworld in the way I have been doing so far. No worries... this will not result in a drop in quality, or taking 'creative liberties' of any sort. I'll just have to find ways to do it better.

23 comments:

Unknown said...

12.39am, i'm still chatting and writing my story and there is no cameras. I'm bored.

Jason C. said...

A.F.R.A.I.D?

Egads. I'm praying I betray you all or something if that name sticks.

Dunno bout changing factions though. I'll get back t you on that.

Peak Sheng said...

band name? what the fuck. mark and me are going end up trying cross-fusioning oasis and some heavy metal rock band and it'll sound something like gunsnoasis.

Anonymous said...

If you think thats lame listen to this one it's a good day for windy axels.

Join evil org. It isnt so sad and it has great health benefits XD you should make a band called metalisis

And make a bucket

Anonymous said...

there's a reason why I didnt tell you both to WORK OUT a name. you get to name the band.

btw, baseline good and bad guys dont get to switch. sometime this week (or weekend if you're lucky) I'll post this sky pirates mini-story I've been doing.

Anonymous said...

I'M A NINJA?

OR A MAFIA?

and my wishes are based on this era. and am i a bad guy?

Anonymous said...

it has all been worked out. remember how I said I would give you all roles based on what I know of your likes and dislikes?

dont worry about it... I am a very imaginative person, you know.

jason... you can change the faction name yknow.

fernglin said...

my my......i get to name the ship.....i'll have to work this out...give me 5 more hours....you'll get my answer b4 2pm sunday. Thank you.

Sporadic Mindset said...

I'm guessing the one on the left is meh, hahaha....and umm well...the Ninja Mafia does....umm...you know...what ninja mafias do...

fernglin said...

I think i'll call it.....Asmodeus' Precipitate.(u noe the meaning right??)

Anonymous said...

its the good guy team, aaron. A.F.R.A.I.D. are you A.F.R.A.I.D.?

the Precipitate. can you imagine naming a jet Asmodeus's Precipitate?

"fall back! fall back to the Asmodeus's Precipitate!"

"the Asmodeus's Precipitate isnt here yet!"

"we'll just have to hold out until the Asmodeus's Precipitate gets here!"

Jason C. said...

I've Got It!

Spec.T.R.U.M

Specialized Team (of) Renegade United Militia

Peak Sheng said...

Band Name (in loving memory of my primary school days): Ground Zero

Band Members:
Vox: Liam Gallagher
Lead Guitar/Backing Vox: Mark Tang
Bass Guitar: Sting
Rythym Guitar: *TBC*
Drums: PeakO

Sporadic Mindset said...

en rofl..........

Unknown said...

oh, the unfairness. i changed my wishes and i still get accused of having pathetic runaway powers. pfft.

Unknown said...

wouldn't mind being evil, tho'. =)

fernglin said...

i mean..what's wrong wif the ships name???

PS- wtf.....GZ..

Anonymous said...

it's just too long...

your other worldbeating powers are just kinda cheap.

Mahadi Don said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mahadi Don said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mahadi Don said...

screw this... i pick shawn michaels

Anonymous said...

ah, is this the one where cptn. jack sparrow kisses waikhuin?

Zhen Lim said...

Whoopee.

*sets imagination working*

Will let you know as soon as possible.