Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wishworld, Endings and Beginnings IV

In the darkened room the gathered held steady, their expressions masked in shadow. Four now stood in the center of the group, the steadily burning fire in their midst. As each wish was listed, blue flames flared in silent agreement. Then they finished speaking, and one of the watchers spoke.

“That’s awful. And you’re going to allow that?”

The cloaked man didn’t turn. “It’s their right, chosen. You have three wishes too.”

“It’s not like I can wish it away.”

The other three standing in the center turned to the speaker, who got to his feet and stepped into the circle.

“At least not directly.”

The first of the Wishmakers smiled in amusement. “I take it you’ve thought of something.”

The newcomer nodded. “I wish…”

Manhattan, New York. Ten days after the start of the Third World War.


---

What, you think that was short? Maybe it was, but since that's page one of a two-page comic sequence my hands are pretty much tied. So the next installment will open with a comic page.

The links on the right have been updated. I have something special planned for them.

For those of you who haven't seen this, my comic has been dropped a line.

That's pretty much all I can think of for now. That didn't take too much of your time now did it?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder whos the new dude?....

Unknown said...

we want more

yj said...

jun ian maybe?

Anonymous said...

no no... it was not me. I will not appear in the story yet. who are the members of the good guys team? if you go back to look at the early rosters and concept art you should be able to figure it out.

Sporadic Mindset said...

lalala

Unknown said...

can't figure out if it's jason or eliot - based on the powers, that is. on appearance,i'm assuming it's eliot since in the picture, jason was wearing glasses. bleh, not sure.

on a side note, i think i know who the girl is =P. Props for her clothes, by the way. they look cool.

Unknown said...

oh, wait. wait a minute. it's jason. sorry, just realised it.

陳一豪 said...

One thing good to take note of. Photobucket. Downside is that you'll have to shrink your photos to the size of your wrapping before you host it on your site.

Anonymous said...

New comic not much to say....not much content comic is good tho. Will wait for new content

Peak Sheng said...

honestly? that wasnt a very spectacular chapter. u shud've taken your time to get it up, not rush ur ass to pls eugene.

yj said...

wonder how jun ian will draw himself...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

he din rush his ass to please me. He rushed his ass to keep his promise. But really did he rush his ass? He did not say so. He just said "What, you think that was short?" This part has the elements of building in a storyline and tease our curiosity.

Anonymous said...

it was not rushed.

was not.

it is short because I can only do one page per week and I cannot go on without doing another page.

also I suck at drawing cars. but I did like the comic. I like it most after the first one, which has a good overall feel to it.

maybe I'll pass on wishworld for awhile to do some side projects.

something like sky pirates, to up my skill level.

what about photobucket though? I already have imageshack for uploading, it's just blogger which wont load my picture.

the girls clothes look cool? a mask and jeans? dont you worry I'll design something a little better than that for closeup shots.

Anonymous said...

blog a little bit about whats been going on la...

Anonymous said...

hey....bout the wiches thingy......


can i change the strenght thingy?.......

i found a cooler wan now......lol.....
power to control fire.......

plzzz...........n tq

yj said...

jun ian already said that he had enuff ppl and did not need any more wishes

Arthur Chia said...

Wishes. I like the shadows, xD. Good job Ian. I need that font. Lol.

Jun Ian said...

that font is creative block BB or something like it.

waikit - you wished for speed not strength, anyway pyrokinesis is taken. but we did reach an accord so that's the end of that.

announcement: wishworld is on hiatus until my skills improve. in the meantime you will be treated to some random things.