Sunday, March 12, 2006

Wishworld, Endings and Beginnings III

"So the girl's gone? No clues who she is or who took her?"

"Actually, there were several. I need some time to think about it. Michael -"

"The Precipitate touched down several minutes ago, while the rest of us were asleep."

"Good."

They walked in a single file, Dassila first, Dexter second and Michael bringing up the rear. This made conversation especially inconvenient, but it was necessary as in wake of the surprise attack in the Kremlin, paramedics and cleanup crews rushed up the corridors and back again ferrying pieces of equipment and the injured or dead.

"That's the end of it, then." Dexter and Michael turned to Dassila. Sort of. "Not a sovereign state left in the world to oppose your rule. "

"You sound dissatisfied." Dexter noted.

"Maybe I am. Congratulations on taking over the world and all, but what do we have to look forward to now?" Dassila didn't look back.

"You know, most people would be satisfied bringing down two hundred governments in seven days."

"Not like I took them all single-handedly."

"Like hell I was going to wait three weeks." Dexter said as Michael laughed. Dassila however looked thoughtful.

"That would have been more funny before that woman almost defeated all three of us by herself. Who the hell has the power to do that anyway?"

"Actually, I was more surprised it didn't happen more often." For the first time, Dassila looked back at Dexter in incredulity. "The world's other superhumans have been remarkably calm about all this."

"Oh, so is that what we are now?" Michael spoke from the back of the group.

"You know what?" Dexter frowned. "I have no idea. We definitely have the power, but with none of the usual symptoms portrayed by superhumans or mutants."

"Exactly." said Michael. "I've been wondering for some time how we even got these abilities. Some of which don't even seem to be recognized powers at all. Do you think world domination could be the result of some -"

As if reaching an accord, the three fell silent and continued walking as though nothing had happened. Dassila spoke first.

"So the girl's gone huh? No way to find out who she is or who sent her?"

"I think there were enough clues for me to figure it out. But I need time. Got you good, didn't she?" Dexter turned his head slightly. "Michael, has the Precipitate arrived?"

"Yeah, she's here. Are we finally heading to Asmodeus?"

"The world's ours now. It's time we took our seats at the head of its new capital."

"Yeah." agreed Dass. "I think I'm the only one here who hasn't been there yet."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, while Michael and I were overseeing its construction you were off conquering entire nations by yourself."

"That was pretty cool. I think my favorite was the Vatican. You should have let me handle the whole thing by myself. Can you imagine? One man against the world."

"Yeah, that's Dexter." Michael laughed. "I don't doubt you could have done it but then it would hardly have taken a week would it?" Then he was struck by a sudden feeling of deja vu, as though they were having a conversation they had before -

The team reached the entrance hall of the Kremlin. The doors were open, and it was snowing outside. The Precipitate, the jet of Michael's personal creation was parked on the grass. As they drew near, the ramp extended and a man in a pilot's uniform greeted them.

"Dexter, Michael, Dassila, welcome back. Emma and Rachel are hanging round back."

Dexter shook his head as he shook the man's hand. "Putting the six hundred channels to good use, I'm guessing. Is this what I'm paying you all for, Summers?"

"It's you, Excellency. Haven't you heard?" The pilot laughed as they stepped into the plane. "You're all over the news."

"I'll say it again, Michael." Dassila dropped his coat and flopped onto a seat. "No one designs a top-of-the-line next-generation luxury jet the way you do."

---

Okay, I just realised that making extra content is stupid. I should save it and work on next week's installment. I also know that some of you want me to get back to actual blogging. This I doubt I will have the time to do. Not to say that there won't be a blog entry if I think something particularly noteworthy has happened. Which does, yknow, happen all the time.

Remember how I promised the good guys (now known as S.P.E.C.T.R.U.M.) airtime this week? Well, that was because I only intended to give them a short story as first. But now I've went and drawn a comic for their installment, which I find only fair since the Empire guys already have three. So it'll be up next week. But it will be good.

On a side note, I really don't have much to say. I'll probably blog something later this week.

I hate to say it, but at times the Rascal Flatts singer sounds like Stitch. I really like their song Bless The Broken Road, but the way she sings the line "this much I know is true" just creeps me out.

Sorry to those of you Wishmakers who have yet to make an appearance, but since I'll get more practice in before your sections it means that your comics will be nicer.

30 comments:

Unknown said...

whee first comment.

Sporadic Mindset said...

damn yooou, I was having dinner >_>

Mahadi Don said...

when am i gonna come in

-joseen- said...

the extra content was funny anyway so why stop... XP

yj said...

what extra content?

Peak Sheng said...

darkfox u sickass of a stalker.

anyhoo, the top of asmodeus looks tilted.

nice one though.
cheers

Zhen Lim said...

I happen to like Rascal Flatts. A LOT.

And Rascal Flatts happens to be a three-piece band. And they happen to be all-male.

Differences of opinions aside, I still haven't decided who I want to be affliated with or my codename. Will inform once I strike gold.

Anonymous said...

eugene - what else is new you camera watching person

aaron - australian people have dinner at funny times

mahadi - you joined last and I havent thought of where to put you yet

joseen - do you mean sky pirates extra content? I like that stuff! what I meant was extra content like the wallpapers and concept art

yoong jie - see above

peak sheng - yeah it is. there is a reason for it haha it is not because I made a mistake

zhenlim - so thats why the singer which I thought was female sounded like a guy (or guys) at times. OMG

Unknown said...

i wasn't camera watching. I just happen to see your msn nickname

Jason C. said...

I never knew the rascal flatts singer was female... kinda clinches the whole thing.

Drawing of the Asmodeus was well conceived. Ah well, least the rest of the chars will be featured in a good art period, I hope.

Mahadi Don said...

come on man... i dont even know what faction i'm in... well... anything but A.F.R.A.I.D

Anonymous said...

Join evil empire Mahadi we have health benefits XD.And as for you Gene YOU MAKE ME SICK lolx.

Zhen Lim said...

To deranged sanity, whoever he is,

Do you not READ?? Rascal Flatts is an ALL-MALE band.

Poor, poor souls. Gender identities seem to be all muffled now.

Unknown said...

there're lots of guy singers who sound female. i thought adam levine was female when i first heard harder to breathe. same for james blunt, to some extent....

oh. uh. yeah, nice continuation.

gene and aaron are starting to scare me. lol.

yj said...

you left out michael jackson.

Peak Sheng said...

yeah, eugene's stalker habits are starting to get sick and stupid

fernglin said...

hehehe

Jason C. said...

To zhenlim:

and i quote,(Second last paragraph): 'I really like their song Bless The Broken Road, but the way she sings the line "this much I know is true" just creeps me out.'


Lol. I'm not much a person who maintains interest in the group. Damn it all, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

does it now I dont even read radioactive panda.

and their city isnt flying

yj said...

ah maybe all pandas think alike

Unknown said...

hey, jun ian, when're you going to appear in the story? you made wishes too, right? i remember one of them was enough power to teleport to the moon...so are you going to be a character, or the God of Wishworld or something?

yj said...

The God of Wishworld, it is he who controls all that happens in wishworld; he is the only one who has the power to create, and is the only one that can destroy.

Sorry, i couldn't resist...

Mahadi Don said...

dear demon bound,

you must satisfy these conditions for my services...

1. free salty peanuts.. the ones you get on a plane...

2. my very own whateveryoucallit

3. monthly allowance

Anonymous said...

edward told me bout this n so did das.....n i only get 3 wishes?!

okok....fine.....
here's mine....(for the story....)

-goodlookin....get a gal...
-kakashi's attitude...
-superfast speed....better then das's......

Mahadi Don said...

at least i'm still superior to all

yj said...

noone's asking for my opinion, but i'll give it anyway, just for the fun of it.

IMHO, if i had 3 wishes, i would wish for:
-the power to make food anywhere i want it too (especially baskin robbins!)
-the power to control electricity (exactly like ginji in getbackers)
-to be the one to steal stuff from the gods, just like prometheus, just that i dont get my innards eaten and growing them back just to be eaten the next day.

Zhen Lim said...

I apologize. I was being a bit... hormonal. LOL.

Yeah. Jun Ian's probably God of Wishworld. Dang. He could make himself - no, he IS the most powerful character in the story.

yj said...

he could make 1+1=5!

Anonymous said...

lol the power to disrupt logic and screw up math as we know it.

with yoongjie and waikit I think we are full up. now I think I might wanna change my wishes to reflect what I really want and not some sort of battle-state vampire.

1. complete weightless, immaterial form disruptive of electronics and organics for as long as I can hold my breath (think noclip/shadowcat)

2. dhampir (a dhampir is a half human half vampire who can walk around in sunlight)

3. jedi knight!!!

how cool is a vampire jedi?

Unknown said...

He can make 1 + 1 = Fish

the phrase '1 + 1 = Fish' was stolen from the Fairly Odd Parents.