Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sky Pirate Controversy

The sky pirate mini-story was something I was going to use a replacement for my regular Wishworld update, and ended up consuming my entire weekend. Which was supposed to be for studying. Meh.

We still need three Wishmakers. But that's all the space I'm going to use for advertising today.

The Sky Pirates crew consists of Captain Jack Sparrow, Wai Khuin and Clarissa. What they do is... essentially they raid airships and fly kites off the sides of the Skellington. Now the comic (see scumbag I can still do black and white take that haha). Click on the Skellington to read the comic.


The first thing you may notice is that I have transcended the concept of panels with borders and speech bubbles. Now the potential for my work is limitless.

The next thing you may (or may not) notice is *SPOILER DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED THE COMIC UNLESS YOU WANT THE COMIC SPOILED* that several of the characters in this little drama display underlying homosexual tendencies. This was written in subtly as so to teach a valuable lesson about the gay community while keeping the original enjoyability of the comic.

Hell, the entire storyline revolves around the closet homosexuality of the protagonist. There is an important message here:

Wai Khuin it is okay to be different. We will accept you for what you are.

By the way yesterday night I downloaded Brokeback Mountain, Longest Yard and You Got Served. All these movies rock hard. Possibly they will have varying degrees of rock, meaning that one may rock harder than the others, but we will see when I finally get my sound drivers fixed.

Mention: I did something for Wen Juin's blog today. Do you see the part where the words 'Tortured Joy' are all shiny? I made them shiny.

Plug: Sarah Lim aka Susie. Science will one day ask exactly how nice one person can be, and on that day it will be Susie who answers. Ad infinium. She wrote a piece on all her friends (well, not all of them that would be stupidly time consuming) it was called my wonderful wonderful friends and it was a very nice thing to do. Especially since there she wrote thirteen articles with pictures and stuff. Reading her blog you will notice that it is completely devoid of 'edge' in any shape or form. It is just candy colored fun. Or at least I think it is.

Also: Why am I writing like this? Possibly I am trying to kill certain people by writing entire paragraphs without a single comma but it could also be because I am high. Why would I be high though exams start tomorrow and I am so not ready. See here I am blogging hence the state of unreadiness.

Thing of the Day that was Wrong: I don't think I can post it here it's just too... wrong. It is however available by request if you wish to distract yourself completely from the wholesome aspects of life. I will send it to you over MSN.

I should stop now I really have to study more if I want to not get screwed in exams on Monday.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wrongness in comic form lolz is the picture really THAT bad Jun Ian don't be a baby

Peak Sheng said...

oh so love clarissa's expressions after the kiss.

nice one!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

you were the one who sent me that picture okay you dont talk. I just wanted to keep it from scarring innocent retinas... is that so wrong? is it?

it's just the same expression over and over again, with artistic flair.

Anonymous said...

jun ian! haha thank youuuuuuuu i know i'm sweet! haha jk. i shall write about my other friends nxt time and u shall be included!

Sporadic Mindset said...

that was funny and disturbing at the same time, and yeah the facial expressions were awesome

Unknown said...

so, you're drawing yaoi. am i the only one who sees the implications here? =P 'tis good. do more!

Unknown said...

okay. okay. i want to be evil. failing that (assuming my powers don't measure up), i wouldn't mind being a sky pirate. what can i say? where there is
shounen-ai occuring, there should be someone around to....enjoy it. as a spectator, that is. ;)

fernglin said...

nice one! I say...nice one!

Anonymous said...

there is now an arrow that explains CLEARLY that it is wai khuin and not clarissa. come on there would be no storyline if it WAS clarissa. wouldnt be funny either.

also this will the the last update until maybe next monday's wishworld. which might turn out in black and white with some colour since I like this new format.

Tan Yee Wei said...

Wicked! The receding image of Clarissa is such a brilliant touch.

Mahadi Don said...

clarissa looks like one of those X-men people...

Sporadic Mindset said...

oh yes, being evil is kinda appealing..

Anonymous said...

the hobo did not shade because I was rushing him.

all I wanted was a couple of verses to throw in at parts throughout the story... I didnt ask you to write a whole god-dammned song with TABS.

yeah I found it disturbing too since there should not be any way they could make that mistake.

sha hew said...

omg! u got sarah's blog linked. how nice of you! YAY!

Mahadi Don said...

wishworld wishes... cuz everyones in to it

1. fame and charm
2. extreme luck
3. copycat

Anonymous said...

I dont think you'll realise it right away but mahadi's wishes own all of yours.

fame is base. charm is more useful than good looks. looks cant get you everywhere. neither can charm, but it gets you further.

extreme luck. probability manipulation. this will help him stay alive and it's more practical than immortality or invulnerability.

copycat. sounds like the coolest of all. if he can mimic wishmaker abilities combined with his luck factor he should be able to beat anybody in a straight-out fight.

Sporadic Mindset said...

mahadi is gay

Anonymous said...

the little sign on the headband on clarissa's head at times reminds me of the rebel alliance logo

Anonymous said...

thats a jack skellington...

I think I might be seriously delayed in the next wishworld seeing how busy I am this weekend.

Mahadi Don said...

am i good guy or bad guy... actually... i dont wanna join A.F.R.A.I.D

Sporadic Mindset said...

because that would make you...afraid? Oh the irony >_>, and are what do the ninja mafia do? hopefully something bad and evil

Anonymous said...

YOU, jun ian, YOU =D

P.S. I'M NOT GAY

Anonymous said...

yeah, waikhuin was swearing at me there. but his mom's firewall picked it up and blocked it LOL.