Thursday, July 20, 2006

Kanaganayagi

It's not the best in terms of quality. But it gets the point across and teaches a valuable lesson about life and chemistry.


I might have decided to say a few words about today's government diagnostic test, but since just about everyone my age in the whole country took it, I don't think that's really necessary. Suffice to say that as soon as the papers were opened, I led the class in laughing for a full five minutes before we actually started on the questions.

Mdm Selva's real name is Kanaganayagi. I can't remember how it came up, but we were singing happy birthday to Arnold. Yknow, Sheng Yap. Arnold Shengyapnegger. By we I mean me and Sanjay.

Selva: My real name actually is not Selva Vishnu. That's my husband's name.

Sheryl: Really? So what does the C in your name stand for?

Jun Ian: Chandran?

Sanjay: ...

Selva: No la... I took the name when I got married... the C is from his grandfather la, dunno why he wanted it there also. Selva actually is some kind of god.

Lee Zhien: ...Shiva.

Mahadi: So what's a Vishnu?

Jun Ian: Come on la...

Sanjay: So what's your real name madam?

Selva: Tell you later.

Sanjay: Happy Birthday to you...


Some people join in. At the third line Sanjay waves his hands for a pause, so that the name is not sung.


Sanjay: Happy Birthday to youuuuu...

Selva: Okay la, I'll write it here on the board.

Jun Ian: ...kanaga...na..yagi?

Selva: Kanaganayagi. For some reason the Japanese find it very easy to pronounce.


Mdm Selva explains her family tree. They have names much like hers.


Selva: And this is my grandfather Kakanagina. And my other cousin...

Jun Ian: So madam you're related to Kaka?


The lesson ended with a rousing chorus of happy birthday Kanaganayagi.

I actually didn't want to talk about the Great Frog Massacre of WMS but I ahve some interesting convo logs.

[19:54:14] [dignia]: oh we dissected a frog today
[19:54:17] hey peeps: oh haha...

[19:54:21] hey peeps: cool man..

[19:54:25] [dignia]: it was sad

[19:54:36] hey peeps: did u get a male or female??

[19:55:13] hey peeps: when i dissected mine, i found out that the

frog had a missing testicle...
[19:55:18] [dignia]: wtf

[19:55:28] [dignia]: lol

[19:56:52] hey peeps: i noe... i threw every organ out and could

not find the other testicle..
[19:57:16] hey peeps: my friends frog only had one lung

[19:57:49] hey peeps: weird crap that session of class.

Yes. Disturbing.

[19:05:34] sane saint: we had like 20 minutes to dissect them

[19:05:44] sane saint: but the way ze shen and jen did theirs.....

[19:05:49] sane saint: it was bloody inhuman

[19:06:07] [dignia]: I could have guessed

[19:06:09] [dignia]: tell me more

[19:06:17] sane saint: orite

[19:06:33] sane saint: ermm

[19:07:00] sane saint: well, jen ming and ze shen (lets call them jz)

got to the heart
[19:07:12] sane saint: they took out all the organs

[19:07:33] sane saint: the lungs, the heart, the gall bladder, u name

it
[19:07:41] sane saint: so the frog was an empty carcass

[19:07:52] sane saint: then zs pull open the skin

[19:08:07] sane saint: leaving the frog not to have the dignity of

being covered

[19:08:27] sane saint: and then they were like massaging the head and

kept pulling the tongue to see how far it cud go

[19:08:40] sane saint: so it was downright gruesome

[19:08:49] sane saint: oh and u noe the first frog we cut open?

[19:08:58] [dignia] inh: the big one?

[19:09:01] sane saint: the giant 8-10 packs one

[19:09:03] sane saint: yeah

[19:09:26] sane saint: li anne and carmen found interesting things abt
it
[19:09:40] sane saint: which i will not expnd on it now cuz i dun feel

too good
[19:09:54] sane saint: all i can think abt are frogs and how we

dissected them

R.I.P. my amphibian friends.

3 comments:

yj said...

kanaganayagi? interesting...

Unknown said...

i can so see them using that in dragonball.

y'know, instead of 'kame...hame...ha!', they go 'kana...gana...yagi!'

or it could be the new fusion technique!

Anonymous said...

It does sound like a demon lord!!! BTW you used the oblivion sign on one of the shirts in the comic,