Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Keyblade War

Maps removed. Event over. That was cool. Paintball hurts. Home movies lame.

Funny how two simple words can make my blood boil with anticipation.

Keyblade war.

Damn. I don't think I've been looking forward to a new game so eagerly since... well, since the first Kingdom Hearts. This is my current wallpaper. 1024 just so you know.

I spent about thirty hours beating the game on proud mode. Worth every minute. I even bought into that teddy bear crap. Y'know, where Sora and Winnie the Pooh talk about how they'll never be apart no matter where they are cause they'll always be connected through their hearts.

It was sickeningly sweet, a purely Disney moment in every sense of the word and I loved it to bits. It reminded me of the time I watched that Winnie the Pooh movie (the Great Adventure or whatnot; the one with the cave) where Pooh and Christopher Robin made the exact same promise to each other. I was a kid and I almost cried (I think). I love Winnie the Pooh.

I love Winnie the Pooh.

That's the other thing that was so great about Kingdom Hearts. Before I played the game, I didn't give a rat's anatomy about Chicken Little, and I thought that having him in the game would suck on so many levels. By the time I finished, he was the one summon I used the most.

It could only be Disney magic.

This is a first for me in video games. I had gotten to know all the characters so well that towards the end of the game I wanted a happy ending so bad. I loved them; Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Namine... I really wanted all of them to be safe. I really kept thinking that something bad would happen to them, or that they would die before they made it home. What happened in the end... well, I think I'll wait for more people to finish the game before I spoil it.

The one, possibly best thing about Kingdom Hearts II was the secret movie I unlocked for unlocking all the worlds on proud mode. If you haven't seen it... well, it's good.

Play Kingdom Hearts. Play Kingdom Hearts. Play Kingdom Hearts. The game, I mean. I do hope this subliminal messaging doesn't backfire when you somehow end up with the sex toy.

Now for a conversation only WoW players will fully appreciate. Or people who pretend to play WoW. People like me.

Jason: Non-epic mount people, shut up.
Jun Ian: I think you're the only one in the whole school with an epic mount.
Jason: Yeah.
Jun Ian: Apart from me, that is.
Jason: ...Of course.
Jun Ian: My epic mount levelled up last night.
Jason: Really. What level is it now?
Jun Ian: Level two. I have a level two epic mount.
Jason: My epic mount is level sixty two.
Jun Ian: Cool. Guess what? I soloed Jonathan Marcus last night.
Jason: It's Marcus Jonathan.
Jun Ian: Yeah... it was his brother.
Jason: I see. What class are you?
Jun Ian: I'm a warrior. An... elf warrior.
Jason: Don't you mean night elf?
Jun Ian: No, it's a normal elf.
Jason: That's a blood elf.
Jun Ian: A normal elf.
Jason: What the hell is a normal elf?
Jun Ian: It's my class!
Jason: Race.
Jun Ian: Whatever. I have a level sixty alt, you know.
Jason: Doesn't everyone?
Jun Ian: He's a... tauren hunter. Uses a bow.
Jason: I can almost believe that. Only you're even more full of lies than Daniel. The worst thing that ever came out of him was some nonsense about a mushroom sword in RO.
Jun Ian: Hah! Do you know the Wuuf?
Jason: The Wuuf. Yeah I know him.
Jun Ian: Is that so? What class is he?
Jason: He's one of those new classes.
Jun Ian: No, he's a priest. He's been a level sixty priest since the weekend the servers opened.
Jason: Yeah right.
Jun Ian: Do you not read Flintlocke?
Jason: Do you know who Leeroy is?
Jun Ian: Leeeeroy Jenkins.
Jason: Yup. Who is he?
Jun Ian: One of my alts.

6 comments:

Sporadic Mindset said...

leeeeeeeeeeroy jeeeeenkiiiins..that clip was funny as!

yj said...

do you know where to get the kingdom hearts 2 soundtrack?

Unknown said...

ugh, a kingdom hearts vibrator? what will the people of this world not sully with their twisted minds?

not that i've played the game or anything. it just. you know. looks good.

Sporadic Mindset said...

now I miss out on yet another fun event...=( gawd dammit

Anonymous said...

kingdom hearts soundtrack?

just download... utada hikaru - passion. I think that's all there is to it.

seriously aaron you gotta come back soon.

Anonymous said...

i beat both games, i loved them... for anyone who hasnt played them but played final fantasy... dont wry youll get over the fact that goofy and donald are following you everywhere... but off this one you get to sacrifice them for drive forms so you can have a few minutes of peace... sometime check out the kingdom hearts music video its awesome... and that seceret ending was awesome... the third games gonna be killer...