Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Jumping The Shark

This isn't going to be too long since I suspect I may be sick.

But whatever it is, four days and six entries after I started this blog it feels like I'm doing this for myself. Which I am, but it would be nice to see some comments once in a while.

So, yesterday... I forgot. Don't wanna think too hard right now. Oh yeah... in the van on the way home we kicked Brian's bag onto the road, and I stuck one of the straps into the door so it got dragged along for maybe half a minute before we stopped laughing long enough to tell him what was going on. Then he came round to my house, to get the red tint out of his hair. Well, I tried. Really I did. But even after loading on the black dye, every time he stepped out into the sunlight all I could say was "oh shit".

So I had to do my own after he left, slathered it on and left it there for about half an hour. Then I had to get my school books... saw Serene and Ai Ching at the bookstore, Ai Ching said something about Edward(?). Now that I think about it, she told me to remember to remind her about something... today... which I forgot about. Reminds me, memo to self: call Dexter to get iPod cables back.

Today, Moore gave us a sort of talk where he cast his eye around the class and pronounced to us that we were doomed. He also said that Sheng Yap had dug his own grave by coming to Pure Science, that Mahadi didn't look nuts like a Malay, Amani looked Indian and Farrah looked like a who-knows-what.

"So..." Stopping at my desk, he glanced at my name tag. "... Jun Ian.You know what? You don't look like a good Science student. But I think you would do very well in Arts."

At this moment I am clearly thinking that there is no way he is going to fsck with my head and get away with it, so I tell him as much.

"I always prefer English subjects."

"You don't like English subjects?"

"No, I like them better. And since Science is all English, well..." I trail off at the look on his face. The look is enlightenment.

"Ohoh!" The sudden realization in his eyes is almost funny. "Ah... now I see the lure." A self-satisfied smile crawls onto his face, like a final piece of jigsaw puzzle had finally fallen into place. "The Science subjects are in English, and the Arts subjects are in Bahasa... that's right. Didn't notice that before. Clever boy."

He then promises to tell Mr Peter about it, and makes for the door, stopping only to bully Mahadi. Funny guy.

3 comments:

Peak Sheng said...

that's a good one.
mahadi looks nothing malay and amani's indian.

Anonymous said...

haha, i remember you guys talking about that.

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE HELL DID I EVER DO TO MOORE